Take Precaution When Combing Your Hair
Hair combing is a routine activity used by almost all people. Some people keep a particular hair style throughout their life, and some especially younger generations adopt new styles according to new trends and fashion. To have a healthy scalp and hair, proper nutrition is needed. General health has direct relation with the quality and quantity of hair. Regular washing, use of hair oil, proper combing etc. are also needed to make the hair beautiful. General hints for combing are:
- Different varieties of combs are available in the market. The best comb is selected by considering the nature of hair (hard or soft, long or short), style and convenience.
- Combing should be done with utmost care and concentration.
- Combing should be gentle. A vigorous combing can increase hair loss.
- Do not comb if the hair is wet. First, dry it with a towel and then apply some oil and gently massage it. Now, the combing will be easy and harmless.
- Hair should not be combed in the opposite direction of hair growth. This can increase hair loss.
- Vigorous combing in backward direction can produce traction baldness.
- Frequent combing can damage the scalp and the hair follicles. Those who carry pocket comb use it frequently and make it a habit. Combing two or three times in a day is sufficient.
- The tooth of the comb should not be sharp, and it should not be pressed too tightly on the scalp.
- Always clean the comb before and after use because hair and dirt deposited in the gap will make combing the hair difficult and painful.
- Do not share combs. This helps to prevent fungal and bacterial infections. Head lice can also spread from one person to other by sharing the combs.
- Combing the tangled hair is difficult and painful. You should use shampoo for cleaning, towel dry, and then apply oil, which will make the hair detangled for an easy combing.